ACC 422 WEEK 2 – 5 WILEY PLUS EXERCISES
To purchase this, Click here
Contact us at:
ACC 422 WEEK 2 - 5 WILEY PLUS EXERCISES - A+ WORK
(Determine Cash Balance)
Presented below are a number of independent situations.
For each individual situation, determine the amount that should be reported as cash.
1. Checking account balance $925,000; certificate of deposit $1,400,000; cash advance to subsidiary of $980,000; utility deposit paid to gas company $180.
2. Checking account balance $500,000; an overdraft in special checking account at same bank as normal checking account of $17,000; cash held in a bond sinking fund $200,000; petty cash fund $300; coins and currency on hand $1,350.
3. Checking account balance $590,000; postdated check from customer $11,000; cash restricted due to maintaining compensating balance requirement of $100,000; certified check from customer $9,800; postage stamps on hand $620.
4. Checking account balance at bank $42,000; money market balance at mutual fund (has checking privileges) $48,000; NSF check received from customer $800.
5. Checking account balance $700,000; cash restricted for future plant expansion $500,000; short-term Treasury bills $180,000; cash advance received from customer $900 (not included in checking account balance); cash advance of $7,000 to company executive, payable on demand; refundable deposit of $26,000 paid to federal government to guarantee performance on construction contract.
Cash held in a bond sinking fund is restricted. Assuming that the bonds are noncurrent, the restricted cash is also reported as noncurrent.
EXERCISE 7-2 (Continued)
Question 1 E9-1
(Lower of Cost or Market)
The inventory of Oheto Company on December 31, 2011, consists of the following items.
Part No. Quantity Cost per Unit Cost to
Replace per Unit
110 600 $95 $100