ACC 557 Midterm Exam Part 1
Equipment is classified in the balance sheet as
• a current asset.
• property, plant, and equipment.
• an intangible asset.
• a long-term investment.
Correcting entries are made
• at the beginning of an accounting period.
• at the end of an accounting period.
• whenever an error is discovered.
• after closing entries.
The first required step in the accounting cycle is
• reversing entries.
• journalizing transactions in the book of original entry.
• analyzing transactions.
• posting transactions.
The net income (or loss) for the period
• is found by computing the difference between the income statement credit column and the balance sheet credit column on the worksheet.
• cannot be found on the worksheet.
• is found by computing the difference between the income statement columns of the worksheet.
• is found by computing the difference between the trial balance totals and the adjusted trial balance totals.
Want to see the ACC 557click here ACC 557
The purpose of the post-closing trial balance is to
• prove that no mistakes were made.
• prove the equality of the balance sheet account balances that are carried forward into the next accounting period.
• prove the equality of the income statement account balances that are carried forward into the next accounting period.
• list all the balance sheet accounts in alphabetical order for easy reference.
All of the following are property, plant, and equipment except
The operating cycle of a company is the average time that is required to go from cash to
• sales in producing revenues.
• cash in producing revenues.
• inventory in producing revenues.
• accounts receivable in producing revenues.
An accounting time period that is one year in length, but does not begin on January 1, is referred to as