ACCT 220 WEEK 2 QUIZ –
Click Link Below To Buy:
1. One advantage to using a perpetual inventory system is that the company never has to physically count the inventory.
2. The weighted-average inventory method will likely result in neither the highest nor the lowest ending inventory.
3. When calculating accounts receivable turnover, a company would prefer a higher number rather than a lower number (within reason).
A lower number means that the customers are paying their debts easily hence low probability of incurring bad debts
4. When performing a bank reconciliation, checks outstanding are added back to the bank balance.
5. Usually the quick ratio will be a lower number than the current ratio.
6. The bad-debt method that uses the accounts receivable aging report is _______________.
b. the percentage-of-receivables method
7. When it is determined that too much money has been set aside for uncollectible accounts, we will _______________.
d. credit reserve for uncollectible accounts
8. A customer whose account was previously written off unexpectedly pays us. If we are using the allowance method we would _______________.
d. debit cash and credit bad-debt expense
9. When a retailer accepts a bank card (VISA or MasterCard), they will make what entry for the day’s receipts?
C .debit cash and credit sales
10. The company prepares, but does not yet pay, its first payroll of the new year. Salaries total $10,000 and 7.65% is withheld from paychecks for FICA tax. Ignore all other payroll deductions. The journal entries will be _______________.
A .debit wage expense $10,000 and credit wages payable $10,000; debit payroll tax expense for $765 and credit FICA tax payable $765
11. A company buys a $10,000...