ACCT 444 Week 1 to 5 Homework and Course Project
Click Link Below To Buy:
1-18 (Objectives 1-3, 1-4, 1-5) Consumers Union is a nonprofit organization that provides information and counsel on consumer goods and services. A major part of its function is the testing of different brands of consumer products that are purchased on the open market and then the reporting of the results of the tests in Consumer Reports, a monthly publication. Examples of the types of products it tests are middle-sized automobiles, residential dehumidifiers, flat-screen TVs, and boys’ jeans.
1. In what ways are the services provided by Consumers Union similar to assurance services provided by CPA firms?
2. Compare the concept of information risk introduced in this chapter with the information risk problem faced by a buyer of an automobile.
3. Compare the four causes of information risk faced by users of financial statements as discussed in this chapter with those faced by a buyer of an automobile.
4. Compare the three ways users of financial statements can reduce information risk with those available to a buyer of an automobile.
2-19 (Objective 2-7) For each of the following procedures taken from the quality control manual of a CPA firm, identify the applicable element of quality control from Table 2-4 on page 38.
1. Appropriate accounting and auditing research requires adequate technical reference materials. Each firm professional has online password access through the firm’s Internet Web site to electronic reference materials on accounting, auditing, tax, SEC, and other technical information, including industry data.
2. Each office of the firm shall be visited at least annually by review persons selected by the director of accounting and auditing. Procedures to be undertaken by the reviewers are illustrated by the office review program.