1572361. Which of the following statements concerning the M2 caliber .50 machinegun is MOST correct?
The M2 machinegun is a recoil-operated, water-cooled weapon that is capable only of full automatic firing
The M2 machinegun is a recoil-operated, air-cooled weapon that is capable of either semi-automatic or full automatic firing
The M2 machinegun is a gas-operated, water-cooled weapon that is capable only of full automatic firing
The M2 machinegun is a manually operated, air-cooled weapon capable only of semi-automatic firing
2. When checking the headspace, the GO end of the headspace gage is inserted into the weapon. If the gage does not fit, how many notches are unscrewed at a single time?
3. After repair has been completed, the assemblies and groups are reassembled. Frictional (sliding) surfaces are lubricated with aircraft and weapons lubricant or with
molybdenum disulfide grease.
cleaner, lubricant, and preservative (CLP).
preservative and lubricating oil (VV-L-800).
general purpose lubricating oil (PLS).
4. When a machinegun maintains a relatively high rate of fire for extended periods of time the barrel has a tendency to get extremely hot. What component of the M2 is used to retard early overheating?
Barrel buffer group
5. The M2 machinegun is capable of a rapid rate of fire of how many rounds per minute?
6. When small arms are disassembled, two types of disassembly are used. One is a general disassembly, when the weapon is broken down into its major groups. The other is a detailed disassembly, when the major groups are broken down into single components. When the M2 is disassembled using the general form, how many major groups is the weapon broken down into?
7. A major part of the evolution of small arms maintenance involves troubleshooting. From the list below, select the answer that is the most probable cause...