Pulmonary Circulation- carries deoxy-generated blood to the lungs for replenishment with fresh oxygen via vena cava
What is the systematic circulation”? Takes oxygen to the body tissues via the aorta
What is the Pathway of the Heart?
1. Deoxy generated blood enters the right atrium through the superior and inferior vena cava.
2. When the right atrium is full it contracts and forces blood through the tricuspid valve and into the right ventricle.
3. After the blood passes into the right ventricle, the tricuspid valve slams shut. Muscular walls of the right ventricle contract forcing blood through the pulmonary artery and to the lungs
4. The blood retruns from the lungs to the left atrium through the pulmonary veins. While in the lungs, the red blood cells become saturated with oxygen and change from a blusih color to bright red color
5. When the left atrium is full, it contracts and forces blood through the bicuspid valve and into the left ventricle
6. The last stage of the heart cycle occurs when the bicuspid valve slams shut and oxygen enriched blood is pumped out of the left ventricle through the aorta.
7. From the aorta the bood is dircedt to the body cells.
What are blod tye;es?
Blood types are four different classifications of blood depending on which, if any, of the two proteins antigens A and Antigen B are present. The symbol is used to identify the four types of blood – A, B, AB, and O represents which factors are present.
Type A- angtigen A
O- Neither A nor b