1. Reassuring- “A Reassuring announcement”- Definition- to restore to assurance or confidence
2. Onslaught- “For Liesel Meminger, there was an imprisoned stiffness of movement and the staggered onslaught of thoughts” Definition- assault, or attack
3. Echelons- “She wasn’t delivering her children to the higher echelons of Munich” Definition- a level of command, authority, or rank
4. Predominant- “Being made up predominantly ten of them” Definition- having ascendancy, power, authority, or influence over others; preeminent.
5. Adequate- ‘’ It was supposedly not a basement of adequate depth” Definition- as much or as good as necessary for some requirement or purpose
6. Synagogues- “Shops, Snyagogues, Reichstags houses, personal items, slain people, and of course, books” Definition- a Jewish house of worship, often having facilities for religious instruction.
7. Involuntarily- “The words trotted out involuntarily” Definition- “not voluntary; independent of one's will; not by one's own choice”
8. Funerary- “We wish you very success with you career in the funerary arts and hope this book has helped in some way” Definition- “relating to a funeral or the commemoration of the dead”
9. Prolific- “Her pace increasing ever so slightly by the end of such prolific readings” Definition- (of a plant, animal, or person) producing much fruit or foliage or many offspring
10. Dismay- “To Liesils dismay” Definition- cause (someone) to feel consternation and distress
11. Corridor- “Do you feel like visiting the corridor?” Definition- A long passage in a building from which doors lead into rooms.
12. Exploits- “And the exploits of Rosa Huberman” Definition- make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource
13. Accumulate- “That was to accumulate inside of her” Definition- gather together or acquire an increasing number or quantity of