1) Video 1: http://www.ted.com/playlists/152/what_is_success
2) In this video Sara Lewis talks about “embracing the new win”, she discussed different artists and writers and how we sometimes settle with praise for doing well and then stop. How rarely people go on to really master a subject. To want to master something you have to constantly be aiming for something not for the praise but because it’s a part of you it’s something that is so meaningful you thrive on it.
3) I thought the video was interesting. She related mastery to what real success is, but I think success is defined by everyone differently. You should be proud of your successes especially if they are personal. I define my success as doing well in school, work, and what my future will be. I want to apply her concept of mastering because it’s a real part of me.
1) Video 2: http://www.ted.com/talks/alec_soth_stacey_baker_this_is_what_enduring_love_looks_like
2) In the video the two speakers went around and asked people dating questions. And did speed dating to get how people meet and why they get together. Things like “what do you notice first in women, what was your most embarrassing moment.”
3) This video was funny and different from viewing an inspirational video. But the underlining thing behind this one which is what I liked was letting yourself be vulnerable to the other person your dating. I am a very quiet person and don’t like opening up about myself, so watching this made me laugh but also say, it’s not hard to talk about yourself and its ok to. Don’t be afraid. ]
1) Video 3: http://www.ted.com/talks/allan_adams_the_discovery_that_could_rewrite_physics
2) This video talked about the Big Bang, and our universe. It talked about the “after glow” of the big bang, and how it’s been observed. But what was discovered, was evidence of a universe before our universe, and early structures of our space and time, gravitation, and how light works and what we see.
3) Space has always...