.Colin Steele 4/5/12
Thesis: Lance Armstrong overcame the horrifying tragedy of being struck with cancer and a 40 percent chance of survival to become one of the most influential athletes to ever live.
Cycling is a sport often tied with admirable attributes such as strength, courage, and respect. Lance Armstrong was no exception, he won more races than any cyclist to ever live and is the only cyclist to ever win the Tour De France 7 times. He was diagnosed with brain, lung, and testicular cancer all at the same time and beat the odds of survival. Lance Armstrong is truly a legend in cycling.
II. Biographical Information
A. Born on September 18th, 1971 in Plano, Texas.
1. Raised by his mother Linda in the suburbs of Dallas (2)
2. Lances first bike was a Schwinn Mag Scrambler, he got it when he was seven.(7)
3. Lances parents divorced when he was just a baby (6)
4. Linda (his mother) was only seventeen when she gave birth to lance. (14)
B. At seventeen he became a professional tri-athlete.
1. He also tried sports like football, baseball and basketball. (9)
2. Armstrong would ride his bike to swim practices and then pedal to school (10)
3. During his senior year in high school, the U.S. Olympic development team
invited him to train with them in Colorado Springs. (4)
4. Armstrong was 5 ft 9 1⁄2 in and 157 lb (16).
C. In 1989, the U.S. Olympic development team invited him to train as cyclist.
D. Raised by his mother Linda in the suburbs of Dallas
E. He began running and swimming at 10 years old and took up competitive cycling and triathlons at 13.
F. During his senior year in high school, the U.S. Olympic development team invited him to train with them in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
G. His child was born on June 4th 2009, in Aspen Colorado...