1. How did the college bowl impact Ben’s life? Ben always studied as hard as he could and learned as much as he can so if he ever got on the college bowl he could do his best to win Ben never got to go on the college bowl.
2. Ben did well in high school, despite this “study habits”. He faced many challenges when he entered Yale.
What was his greatest challenge? His greatest challenge was to pass his chemistry exam.
How did he overcome this challenge? Ben did all last night studying and cramming and he prayed.
What did he learn about himself? He learned that he would never cram and do last night studying and that he could do what ever he wanted to be.
3. Ben had a variety of jobs as a young person. What valuable lessons did he learn from each job? Ben learned leadership skills from taking over the job where he picked up trash and he got the trash picked up faster and more efficacy then anyone else. At one point it was hard for him to find a job but Ben knew many people that would end up helping him find work.
4. What was the operation that Ben performed on Miranda? It was a hemispherecotomy
What were the two reason he decided to try this procedure? He had never done one. He wanted to help Miranda and if he didn’t help her she would have ended up dieing.
5. What did Jennifer’s death teach Ben about coping with failure? Ben realized that he did what he could do to help the girl and that was all he could do to help.