Role of a CEO
1) Corporation : Primarily responsible to carry out the strategic plans and policies as established by the board of directors
2) Business : the singular organizational position that sets the direction and oversees the operations of an organization.
· Advises the Board
· Advocates / promotes organization and stakeholder change related to organization mission
· Supports motivation of employees in organization products/programs and operations
4) VISIONARY / INFORMATION BEARER
· Ensures staff and Board have sufficient and up-to-date information
· Looks to the future for change opportunities
· Interfaces between Board and employees
· Interfaces between organization and community
5) DECISION MAKER
· Formulates policies and planning recommendations to the Board
· Decides or guides courses of action in operations by staff
· Oversees operations of organization
· Implements plans
· Manages human resources of organization
· Manages financial and physical resources
7) BOARD DEVELOPER
· Assists in the selection and evaluation of board members
· Makes recommendations, supports Board during orientation and self-evaluation
· Supports Board's evaluation of Chief Executive
Performance appraisal relates to the basic human tendency to make judgments about those one is working with, as well as about oneself. Performance appraisal dates back from to the Second World War. The roots of performance appraisal in the 20th century can be traced to Taylor’s pioneering work on Time and Motion studies. Take a look at traditional and modern approaches to performance appraisal.
Performance appraisal - Traditional approach : In the beginning, performance appraisal began only as a simple method of income justification. It was used to decide...