BSA 435 Final Exam Solution
1. Which is not one of the major challenges currently facing HR managers?
a. motivating employees without pay raises and promotions
b. changing federal, state and local legal requirements
c. adjusting benefit programs due to increasing costs
d. replacing “baby boomers” as they exit the workplace
2. Human resource management is
a. supervising, monitoring, controlling, and disciplining employees in order to achieve organizational goals efficiently and effectively.
b. the designing of organizational systems to ensure that human talent is used effectively and efficiently to accomplish organizational goals.
c. the efficient and effective use and coordination of human capital to ensure the profitability and long-term sustainability of the organization.
d. the design of the interface between the human capital of the firm and its technological and financial capital in order to efficiently and effectively reach organizational goals..
3. When the human resources function creates a unique capability in a firm that creates high value and differentiates the organization from its competition, human resources is a/an ____ for the firm.
a. intangible asset
b. core competency
c. critical capability
d. strategic contributor
4. The collective value of the capabilities, knowledge, skills, life experiences and motivation of an organizational workforce is called
a. the organization’s talent inventory.
b. total human resources.
c. human capital.
d. the organization’s intellectual assets.
5. Through the ____ function, HR management provides the organization with a sufficient supply of qualified individuals to fill the jobs in the organization.
b. equal employment opportunity
c. talent management
d. employee and labor relations
6. Which of the following activities would NOT fall into the risk management function of HR?
a. Sending all employees a text...