BUS 311 Week 2 Quiz
1. Quasi contracts
2. After mowing his own lawn, David goes next door and mows his neighbor Lena’s lawn as a nice gesture. As he is finishing up, Lena arrives home. Happy to find a newly mown lawn, Lena says, “That’s so nice of you! When I get paid Friday, I’ll give you $20.” David says, “I accept!” Which best describes the situation?
3. Seller agrees to supply all the gasoline Buyer needs for the next year at $3.00 per gallon. After three months, the price of gas falls to $2.33 per gallon. Buyer refuses to keep buying from Seller unless Seller lowers the price. Seller agrees. Two months later, the average price for gas goes up to $3.50 per gallon. Seller asks Buyer to agree to a price raise, but Buyer refuses. Which of the following is true?
4. Delta Inc. offers to sell Omega Corp. a packaging machine. Omega responds “We’ll take it but only if there is a six-month warranty.” Which of the following is true?
5. Merlin posts his car for sale. Breanna calls and leaves a voicemail, saying, “Hey, I definitely want to buy your car! I’ll pick it up tomorrow, okay?” Which of the following best describes the situation?
6. A simple contract need(s)to
7. By letter, Martine offers to landscape Harry’s yard for $500. Harry thinks that is too much, and on Monday he mails a rejection. However, on Tuesday Harry realizes Martine was giving him a good deal, so he mails an acceptance. Martine however changed her mind about the job on Wednesday, and mailed a revocation, which Harry receives on Thursday. On Friday, Martine receives Harry’s acceptance. On Saturday, she receives his rejection. Which best describes the situation?
8. Katrina is complaining to her landlord about the six-inch long cockroaches in her apartment. The landlord scoffs, saying: “Cockroaches don’t get that big! I’ll pay $10,000 to anyone who can show me a six-inch cockroach.” Will,...