Any dispute, disagreement, or controversy arising out of (Jennings, 2006) team discussion interactions, project goals, team assignments, team leadership roles, shall be settled exclusively and finally by mediation or peer review forms of arbitration. Mediation Process
• Notify all team members of potential or current dispute or issues.
• Mediator internal to team.
• Mediator elected by team votes and agreement to mediate confirmed.
• Mediator’s role will be to facilitate, question and clarify issues and help the members explore options and find a solution, but will not impose a solution.
• Time and date set for all members to attend (modifications and flexibility may be necessary because of different time zones and work schedules).
• Mediator will listen to team member disputes and discussion points.
• Mediator will try to negotiate a settlement among the members.
• For whatever reason, if internal mediator can not arrive at an appropriate and satisfactory resolution an outside mediator will be sought for a resolution agreement. This would usually be the UOP class Facilitator.
All disputes that arise within the learning team that cannot be resolved 24 hours after the dispute began will enable ADR to occur. The dispute must be in reference to members’ disregard for the rules and regulations documented in the learning team charter. Personal conflicts that arise between team members will not initially be subjected to be resolved through ADR. Members’ personal conflicts which cause dispute within the learning team disabling productivity and efficiency will facilitate the ADR process.
In the event a dispute shall arise between members of a learning team, the members agree to participate in a mediated negotiation with the assistance of a neutral person who will be appointed by the remaining members of the learning team. The mediation will involve each side of dispute communicating with an impartial person, to attempt to reach a voluntary agreement....