THE UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST INDIES
Undergraduate Coursework Accountability Statement (To be completed by student)
ACADEMIC YEAR: 2013/2014 SEMESTER: 1
COURSE CODE: MGMT 2021 TITLE: BUSINESS LAW
NAME: SALINA MOHAMMED
1. I hereby certify that I am the author of the attached item of coursework and that all materials from reference sources have been properly acknowledged.
2. I understand what plagiarism is and what penalties may be imposed on students found guilty of plagiarism.
3. I certify that this paper contains no plagiarized material.
4. I certify that this is my own work and that I did not receive any unfair assistance from others (including unauthorized collaboration) in its preparation.
5. I certify that this paper has not previously been submitted either in its entirety or in part within the UWI system or to any other educational institution.
6. In the case of group work:
a. I certify that the individual work of each member of the group has been clearly indicated;
b. that where no such indication has been given, I take the responsibility for the work as if it were the section of the paper for which I am solely responsible; and
c. that I have not collaborated with any members of the group to breach the University’s regulations.
Signature: Salina Mohammed
Date: 27th October, 2013.
SHORT ANSWER ASSIGNMENT 1
On the 25 May 2010 Jack Lumber Limited (JLL) entered into a contract with Lightwood Industries (LL) of the heights of the hill to sell lumber planks 10 feet long at $100 each for the next two years to LL (end 25th May 2012). LL has another contract with Deadbeat Homes to build kitchen cupboards at Deadbeat’s housing Site in Paramin for which the lumber plank are used.
JLL delivered over 1000 planks during 2010 and was paid the contract price by LL. However, in January 2011 JLL announce a potential increase in the price of lumber planks to $110 per plank and warned of...