Research paper outline
Introduction : prisoners in all countries face severe conditions such as overcrowding , drug abuse, and sexual mistreatments .
I. Main idea : prison overcrowding and deprivation causes inmates to suicide .
A) supporting ideas : Institutional Conditions and Prison Suicide: Conditional Effects of Deprivation and Overcrowding. This article uses national data to examine the effects of prison overcrowding , and deprivation .
1) high security facilities causes prisoners to suicide .
2) overcrowding causes the limitation of the available sources such as space , and food .This causes to frustration among prisoners .
II) main ideas: The influences of prison in terms of drug abuse .
A) Supporting ideas : ’ A culture of sharing’ : drug exchange in norwegian prison . This article emphasizes the role of prisoners in exchanging and abusing drugs .
1) drugs that are exchanged in prisons are primarily smuggled in . in the absence of cash inmates exchange drugs using tobacco , and phone cards.
2) prisoners must contribute to the culture of drugs , unless they will be threatened .
III) main ideas : sexual mistreatments causes the spread of diseases inside prisons . overcrowding is a main issue among with lack of health care services such as cleanliness . prisoners are infected mainly from diseases such scabies , and hiv/aids .
A) supporting ideas : A qualitative exploration of hiv/aids health care services in Indian prison . This article emphasizes the inadequate hiv/aids programs , and the risk behavior among prisoners .
1) prisoners ignorance about hiv/aids causes the disease to spread enormously . prisoners are from poor background , so they don’t have the knowledge about the risk of the transmitted diseases. Prisoners main activities such as sex , and the usage of needles to inject drugs are the basic reasons for spreading diseases .
2) prisons tend to be the unhealthiest places in the world . prisons required to have the...