1. The Securities Investor Protection Corporation protects individuals from
• brokerage firm failures
• making poor investment decisions
• fraud by corporations
• other investors who fail to make delivery
2. You just purchased a parcel of land for $10,000. If you expect a 12% annual rate of return on your investment, how much will you sell the land for in 10 years?
Want more details? Download now FIN 370 Final Exam
3. When calculating the weighted average cost of capital, which of the following has to be adjusted for taxes?
• Preferred stock
• Retained earnings
• Common stock
4. Buying and selling in more than one market to make a riskless profit is called:
• profit maximization.
• international trading.
Click here and download FIN 370 Entire Course
5. Which of the following is true about bonds?
• They have a fixed maturity, and they pay an amount equal to the maturity value times the coupon rate each year.
• At maturity of the bond, the investor receives the market price of the bond.
• They are obligations from the investor to the corporation.
• Their interest rate always varies with the Consumer Price Index
6. Compute the payback period for a project with the following cash flows, if the company's discount rate is 12%.
Initial outlay = $450
Cash flows: Year 1 = $325
Year 2 = $65
Year 3 = $100
• 3.17 years
• 2.6 years
• 2.88 years
• 3.43 years
Complete paper here FIN 370 Week 5 Final Exam
7. Which of the following best describes why cash flows are utilized rather than accounting profits when evaluating capital projects?
• Cash flows have a greater present value than accounting profits.
• Cash flows improve the tax position of a firm more than accounting profits.
• Cash flows are more stable than accounting profits.
• Cash flows reflect the timing of benefits and...