FIN 370 Final Exam Guide (New)
For more course tutorials visit
1.Which of the following is true regarding Investment Banks?
2. We compute the profitability index of a capital-budgeting proposal by Initial outlay = $1,748.80
3. Project Sigma requires an investment of $1 million and has a NPV of $10. Project Delta requires an investment of $500,000 and has a NPV of $150,000. The projects involve unrelated new product lines.
What is your evaluation of these two projects?
4. Which of the following is most likely to occur if a firm over-invests in net working capital?
5. The Securities Investor Protection Corporation protects individuals from
6. If managers are making decisions to maximize shareholder wealth, then they are primarily concerned with making decisions that should:
7. Buying and selling in more than one market to make a riskless profit is called:
8. Given an accounts receivable turnover of 8 and annual credit sales of $362,000, the average collection period (360-day year) is
9. Delta Inc. is considering the purchase of a new machine which is expected to increase sales by $10,000 in addition to increasing non-depreciation expenses by $3,000 annually. Due to the sales increase, Delta expects its working capital to increase $1,000 during the life of the project. Delta will depreciate the machine using the straight-line method over the project’s five year life to a salvage value of zero. The machine’s purchase price is $20,000. The firm has a marginal tax rate of 34 percent, and its required rate of return is 12 percent. The machine’s initial cash outflow is:
10. A company collects 60% of its sales during the month of the sale, 30% one month after the sale, and 10% two months after the sale. The company expects sales of $10,000 in August, $20,000 in September, $30,000 in October, and $40,000 in November. How much money is expected to be collected in October?
11. Capital Structure Theory in general...