Fujitsu: Information collaboration to achieve innovative outcomes
1. Can Fujitsu continue to be a leader in the server market with new competitors entering?
Fujitsu can continue to be a leader in the server market because they have a loyal & committed consumer base. Another factor contributing to Fujitsu remaining in a leading position would be the new entrants who may have a barrier of consumer familiarisation, where it is a challenge to gain the consumers trust and loyalty. Also, with the competitors being so expensive consumers are less likely to take a risk on any of the new brands entering into the market.
2. How did the new information technology change Mikimoto & Qantas?
The new information technology benefits Mikimoto & Qantas in many ways. Firstly, Qantas benefitted from the Integrated Revenue Information Solution (RIA)which included an airline revenue accounting system which contributed towards streamlining revenue reporting. Over time, the RIA will allow the sales organization to fine-tune its planning and forecasting. The RIA provided a number of benefits. The commercial division, of which the sales organization is part, would be one of the prime beneficiaries. Qantas is facing two new domestic competitors as well as international competitors. This makes fare pricing more complicated than ever. Currently, actual revenue data arrives far too late to be of real use, so pricing decisions are based largely on projections. With the RIA in place, actual revenue figures should become an important part of the process.
• Allows sales organization to fine-tune its planning and forecasting with actual revenue data and ensure the accuracy of the forecasts.
• Provides means to reduce either overbooking or under-booking based on sales forecasts.
• Provides tool for vendor monitoring and control, and access to all the data from a single repository.
Mikimoto implemented a system called the "Open DB System" to make the information already...