Generate Environmental Sea Changes By Join With Green Radio Community
Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience to generate and improve environmental sea changes by join with
Thesis Statement: By joining Green Radio Community program people can do small positive changes in their lives and can impact the environment in a big way.
1. Ladies and gentlemen, at this moment I want to ask you to turn your radio dial to Green Radio at 89.2FM.
2. Why? Because this radio station transmitting from a tiny space in Utan Kayu in East Jakarta is making a huge impact and bringing about sea changes in the lives of urban folk in Jakarta.
3. In between news and entertainment, Green Radio teaches listeners how small positive changes in their lives can impact the environment in a big way.
(Transition: First, let me tell you history of Green Radio Community.)
1. Triggered by the terrible Jakarta floods of 2007, Green Radio was founded to inspire people to do something for the city they call home.
a. Green Radio is the brainchild of Santoso, a radio broadcaster who decided it was time to take a serious stand on environmental issues in Jakarta.
b. “One year after the terrible Jakarta floods brought so much suffering and misery to all of us. We had to find a way to tell people that it was their own thoughtless actions that were making an already desperate situation worse. The solution was in their hands; they did not have to sit by and feel helpless” Santoso said.
2. Radio is cheaper. It’s a few thousand dollars to set up a station and a listener tunes in on a $5 device.
a. Television is a whole different ball game. Radio has higher penetration, especially in rural areas.
b. Green Radio started small, producing just 15 minutes of news each day for 14 stations. Today they offer eight hours of information and education a day to more than 650 radio stations throughout Indonesia and Asia.
3. Also, involved in other initiatives like Green Radio...