15 Very Important Things to Do about Global Warming...from the individual to the national:
1. Learn about it.
2. Sell the SUV and choose cleaner, more efficient vehicles. Reduce your driving: one gallon of gas burned creates 20 pounds of CO2. Fuel up on ethanol and biodiesel.
3. Use efficient appliances, replace light bulbs with low-voltage compact fluorescents, check your home insulation. Buy renewable energy, like wind and solar, from your power company.
5. Companies -- the one you work for and the ones you buy from -- can save lots of money and reduce global warming by taking similar steps toward energy efficiency.
6. Shop smart: Look for products made from recycled materials, created with renewable energy, and which help you save money and reduce pollution.
7. Use your vote and influence as a citizen to elect responsive leaders; help them organize the neighborhood and town for energy efficiency.
8. Suburban sprawl makes for lots of global warming pollution; plan for walkable communities, lots of trees, open spaces, and public transportation in and between cities.
10. Build new homes and buildings for efficiency and solar power.
11. Support sustainable farming and forestry, including new crops to make into ethanol and other biofuels.
12. Let the corporations who make our cars, fuels, goods and power know you want their products to be as ecological as possible.
13. At all government levels, develop an efficient energy policy, moving away from fossil fuels.
14. Export new energy technology that uses renewable energy sources to the rest of the world.
15. ....and start doing these things today.