Executive Summary: Role, Issue, Decision, Why I made the decision (Criteria)
- Role (Who, authority/experience)
- Goals (Org/Stakeholder) E.g. LT Profitability/Growth, Market Share, Brand (measurable/consistent/prioritizing)
- Main Issues and decisions to be made (decisions already made, timing of decisions)
- Alternatives: List options; are they aligned with goals? Affect on stakeholders?
- Decision making criteria: (3-5 things cannot be compromised) (Prices, C/S, Fin. Target)
SITUATION ANALYSIS (SIZE-UP)
A. Market and Industry
• Market & Industry (PEST Trends, size of industry (sales), Market Share proportion)
• Identify who holds power in industry (supply/market chain), describe distribution channel (B2B/B2C)
• Key Success Factors (3-5) E.g. Brand image:, quality, innovation, ongoing customer relationship
B. Customer Analysis
• Customer Segments (Consumer/Product groups) ; SEGMENTATION SCHEMES
• Specific target market(s) (define identity, consumer behaviour – demographics/psychographics)
• Wants, needs, values, purchasing patterns, lifestyle
• Current perceptions (external stimuli, cultural/social influence, info processing)
• Stage Model of Buyer Choice (5) + (Who will have to be rejected? Why choose us?)
Current vs Future Target? Issues in transitioning from one segment to another?
Customers that align best with brand, values, principle, marketing tactics
C. Company Analysis
• Current/Past performance (Fit in the market; market share; power; experience)
• SW Analysis Current Positioning: 4Ps (how company presents product to target market)
• Current Value Proposition (Feature, function, benefit to user)
• Competitive Advantage (sustainable?) /Core Competencies
• Brand equity (Brand awareness + Brand loyalty + perceived quality + brand association)
D. Competitor Analysis
• Fragmented/Consolidated? Direct/Indirect Competitors?
• For each competitor: strategy/strengths +...