HCS 335 Entire Course ( A+Material )
To Buy this Class Copy & paste below link in your Brower
Or Visit Our Website
Visit : http://homeworklance.com
Email Us : email@example.com
HCS 335 Syllabus
Week 1 Individual Assignment: Health Care Ethics Matching Exercise
• Complete the Health Care Ethics Matching Exercise, located on your student website.
• Match keywords commonly used in health care ethics to the definitions on the page. Discuss the exercise in class and turn in your answer sheet to your facilitator.
Week 1 DQs
• How has your educational experience affected your ethical thinking?
• Are laws and regulations the problem or the solution in addressing ethical problems? Explain. What would be an alternative?
• How might you analyze your own dilemmas in terms of your own ethics?
• How are some problem-solving methodologies applied in the health care industry?
Week 2 Individual Assignment: Ethics Case Study
• Resource: Ethics Case Study Grading Criteria on your student website.
• Read the case study in Ch. 4 of Medical Law and Ethics that begins, “Jerry McCAll is Dr. William’s office assistant.”
• Prepare a 700- to 1050-word paper in which you answer the following questions:
o Does Jerry’s medical training qualify him to issue this refill order? Why or why not?
o Would it make a difference if the medication requested were for control of high blood pressure that the patient critically needs on a daily basis? Why or why not?
o If Jerry calls in the refill and the patient has an adverse reaction while flying, is Jerry protected from a lawsuit under the doctrine of respondent superior?
o What is your advice to Jerry?
o Identify major legal and ethical issues that may affect Jerry’s decision.
o What problem-solving methods might be helpful to assist in making an ethical decision?
• Include at least two...