Lesson Title or Activity Title or Descriptive Title
1. Explain how judicial review works as a check against Congress.
Answer: They can declare any law congress makes unconstitutional
2. What are some roles that the president plays in the U.S. government?
• Chief of State
• Chief Executive
• Chief Diplomat
• Commander In Chief
• Chief Legislator
• Chief of Party
• Chief Guardian of the Economy
3. What is the civil service and how do people join?
Answer: Civil service is any job on the tax payers pay from the military, a government secretary, police, senator, to the president. You can run for office, or you can apply for a government job on the website for the agency of your choice.
4. What is the president’s cabinet and what is their responsibility?
Answer: The Cabinet includes the Vice President and the heads of 15 executive departments-the Secretaries of Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Education, Energy, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, Interior, Labor, State, Transportation, Treasury, and Veterans Affairs, and the Attorney General. The purpose of the Cabinet to inform the president on anything he may need relating to the duties of the offices.
Writing a Petition
Answer the following questions about your petition. Then write your petition to turn in.
1. Identify a problem in your school or neighborhood that could be solved. What will be the subject of your petition?
Answer: Texting while driving.
2. Think about ways to solve the problem. What is one clear action that school officials or local government could take to address the problem?
Answer: One way to stop this is if you put your phone in a place you can’t reach it to prevent the urges of texting/
3. You want your petition to be short and concise — people won't have much time to read it. But you also want to get signatures....