1/I would describe Hong Chinh as an influential leader. Because :
- She is CEO of Temasek Holdings where she oversees a portfolio worth over $50 billion and influences many of Singapore’s leading companies such as Singapore Airline, Singapore Telecommunications, DBS Bank, Neptune Orient Lines and Keppel Corp.
- Under Ho’s leadership Temasek has decided to publicly disclose its annual report with details of its performance-details that have formerly remain private and been known only to Temasek executives : this decision made big influences for Temasek’s staffs in particular and for Singapore people as well as allover the world in general knowing about Temasek’s activities. From now on, everybody can check and aware what Temasek & Ho Ching doing, their activities are effective or not
- “In her role as CEO, Ho is pushing for a more open policy beyond Singapore and aggressive drive into the Asian market”, Ho is concentrating on broadening Temasek’s focus beyond Singapore : With large amount of power, she brought Temasek’s influence beyond Singapore
2/Type of tactics :
- Exchange : Ho appealed to investors to look to India for opportunities for Asian growth : Singapore, India, Asian countries will have benefits together.
- Rational pursuance : She uses logic & reason to convince the investors to invest into India and Asian countries : “Now is India’s turn to stir, standing at an inflexion point, after 10 year of market liberalization and corporate restructuring. Since 1997, Singapore’s trade with India grew by 50%, or respectable CAGR of about 7.5%. Confidence is brimming in India, & Indian companies began to reach out boldly to the world over the last five year” and “All these waves of…. very promising indeed”
- Coalition building : she is unifying the group of people who has the same goal : “she appealed to investors to look to India for opportunities for Asian growth”. And in order to increase the power of whole group in communicating to and dealing with...