October 7, 2015
1) Finding work in the area was not easy to do as there were specific markets that needed help the most, as well as the geographic area was not in the best of shape. Legally, because the worker maybe concern about the safety and health needs to be put into consideration also because of Hurricane Rita.
2) The role of the human resource department is providing the right person at the place at the right time which is staffing. After Hurricane Rita the business become worse and there were a shortage in the employment so large small businesses were frantically trying to find workers so they could start up again, that’s why had to employ untrained workers who might command a premium salary.
3) After the hurricane many workers found themselves going to unfamiliar locations and being there from sun up to sun down. Things were very bad for everyone, the employers had to raise their minimum wage to get the help they needed, the employees for most job titles, were in fact, not qualified to be doing the positions they had, and the costumers and to “suffer for it.
1) The main reason Mr. Garbo employed Amber is because he was building more future business with Amber’s father company. 1. He was wrong when giving Amber a boring occupation. 2. He was wrong when paying Amber much than she deserves 3. He was wrong when ignoring her fault.
2) Amber became employed strictly because of who her father was; Amber knew this and took complete advantage of it. When things at work got to hard or if Amber wanted to be lazy, she had someone else do her job for her knowing that when she would get “in trouble” she’d be able to play the “you know who my daddy is” card.
3) Mr. Garbo should never have hired Amber in the first place if it was only because of who her dad was, that was horrible of him to do as now everyone in the work place has to suffer for it.