The 6 rules are intended to help players maintain a healthy balanced diet, increase energy levels, reduce recovery time and promote general good health. No supplement replaces a healthy diet.
By eating and drinking on a regular basis (grazing) the player’s digestive system is under less stress and therefore absorbs more nutrients (Carbohydrates, Proteins, Fats, Vitamins & Minerals) than when one feasts on larger irregular meals. The steady absorption of nutrients is key to constant energy levels and achieving optimal muscle growth & repair.
As a result of eating a little often and avoiding sugary snacks and meals, blood glucose levels stabilise increasing energy levels and overall physical and mental performance while also enabling the player to have uninterrupted sleep which is essential in achieving and maintaining optimal physical performance, muscle growth and muscle repair.
6 Nutritional “RULES” to follow:
1. Eat at least 6 times a day + Eat when Hungry
* Breakfast – Snack – Lunch – Snack – Dinner - Snack
* Snack on Fruit, Veg, Nuts, Seeds and Wholegrain Foods
* Eat & Drink with in 10mins of Training Finishing
* Main meal at lunch time on training days
2. Eat the colours of the Rainbow every 2 days
* Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain
3. Drink water at regular intervals throughout the day
* At least 2 litres a day
* Sportspeople should “never” be thirsty
4. No White Cereals – “White is Shite”
* Eat more Wholegrain & Low GL where possible
* Avoid Bread Crumbs
5. No Fizzy Drinks
6. No Fried or Frozen Foods
Why Breakfast is Essential!
Most players will sleep 8-9 hours which means, 8-9 hours fasting as a minimum. While in deep sleep the body is repairing and regenerating from the exertions of work and training. During this period nutrients slowly...