LORD ULLIN’S DAUGHTER (By Thomas Campbell)
MCQs without stanzas.
1. The chieftain was the chief of
1.Lochgyle 2.Ireland 3.Lochglen 4.Ulva’s isle
2. The Chieftain together with Lord Ullins daughter had fled for
1.five days 2.seven days 3.three days 4.two days
3. “Oh haste thee haste” who says these words
1.Lord Ullin 2.The Chieftain 3.Lord Ullin’s daughter 4.The boatman
4. “His wrath was changed to waiting”. The person being referred to here is
1.the chieftain 2.the boatman 3.the soldiers 4.Lord Ullin
5. Lord Ullin’s daughter was afraid of
1.the stormy sea 2.the stormy weather 3.her angry father 4.the armed men
MCQs based on extracts-
Read the following extracts and choose the best option :
1. And still they row’d amidst the roar
Of waters fast prevailing
Lord Ullin reached that fatal shore;
His wrath was changed to wailing
(a) The waters ‘fast prevailing’ means :
(i) Quickly racing (ii) Quickly overpowering (iii) Settling down (iv) Roaring sound
(b) The shore turns ‘fatal’ because :
(i) The lovers drown by the time Lord Ullin and his men reach the shore (ii) They left the shore
(iii) The lovers jumped into the stormy sea (iv) The lovers were attacked.
(c) Synonym for ‘wrath’ is :
(i) Sympathy (ii) Rage (iii) Help (iv) Helplessness
Ans : (a) (ii) (b) (i) (c) (ii)
2. Out spoke the handy Highland wight, [CBSE 2010 (Term I)]
“I’ll go, my chief – I’m ready :
It is not for your silver bright
But for your winsome lady.”
(a) Who is the ‘highland wight’?
(i) The boatman (ii) Scottish Chieftain (iii) Lord Ullin’s man (iv) None of the...