Week 4 Network Components Quiz
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1) One advantage of using e-mail over regular mail is: 1) ____B___
A) It's easy to control where it goes after being sent
B) It is faster and less expensive
C) It reduces risks of viruses and SPAM
D) It protects against legal liability
2) Which function is not supported by e-mail? 2) ____A___
A) Chatting and instant messaging
B) One to many messaging
C) Person-to-person messaging
D) Document sharing
3) Which type of network is used to connect digital devices within a half-mile or 500-meter radius? 3) ____B___
4) Which protocol is the Internet based on? 4) ___D____
5) Instant messaging is a type of ________ service. 5) ___D____
6) A business benefit of using chat or Instant Messaging (IM) is: 6) ___A____
A) It's useful for real-time, interactive feedback with customers
B) It doesn't cause distractions during work
C) Employees can easily contact friends and family
D) It's safe from hackers and viruses
7) A VPN: 7) ___B____
A) provides secure, encrypted communications using Telnet.
B) is an encrypted private network configured within a public network.
C) is more expensive than a dedicated network.
D) is an Internet-based service for delivering voice communications.
8) Web browser software requests Web pages from the Internet using which protocol? 8) __D____
9) What technology allows people to have content pulled from Web sites and fed automatically to
their computers? 9) ____B___
10) Which of the following statements is not true about search engines? 10) ___D___
A) They have solved the problem of how users instantly find information on the Internet.
B) They are...