1. What hypotheses or reasons do you have for the relatively slow adaption of TiVo?
* TiVo was not properly advertised. It was not clearly communicated as a better service to the consumers
* Microsoft also launched a competing product called Ultimate TV which also slowed down the sales of TiVo
2. What marketing segments do you think exist for TiVo? Provide a brief description of each segment.
* Geographic Segment – TiVo appeared to be strongest in the states of California, New York, New Jersey, Georgia and Massachusetts
* Demographic Segment – Majority of the subscribers were within the age group of 25-54. When it comes to gender there were more single male subscribers compared to women. Based on income level the subscribers were more of the high income group
3. Do a critical analysis of Exhibits 3, 5,6,7,8. What do we learn from each exhibit?
* It explains which part of the marketing segment influenced the public more to purchase TiVo
* Referral was the most influenced way in the purchasing of TiVo
* It shows what the consumers found most valuable in TiVo
* The ability to Record the sessions was the most valuable aspect that consumers liked in TiVo
* The ability to pause and rewind were the next valuable aspects
* It shows the breakdown of the consumers based on the marital status, age, education and income level
* It compares the data upto Oct with the data from Nov to Feb and then comes with an index to show which set of consumers purchase this product
* It shows which category of channel the consumers are interested in
* This can help the marketing department to concentrate on a set of channels which can improve the viewership level and improve the purchase of TiVo
* It explains the consumer experience with TiVo
* It shows how the TV experience or life experience or their experience with spouse or their experience with Kids have changed once...