101 things you didn’t know about Shakespeare
Day #1 4-15-13
* Shakespeare linage was unremarkable
* Didn’t have connection to high society
* Father John was the son of tenant farmers
* John went into trade as glove maker and leather dresser.
* John made enough to buy two houses on Henley ST.
* Was upon Avon
* John attracted the most eligible bachelorettes, she was Marry Arden.
* Married in 1557
* Boosted social standings and properties
* Mary brought a 60 acre farm.
* Had religious heritage artance catholic’s
* Likely Shakespeare’s parents illiterate
* John may have gone to school, marry didn’t, girls weren’t educated
* John went to a political career.
* John first a Chamberlin, burgess, third alderman, finally high baliff.
* 1576 Johns life began unraveling
* Fortune and reputation went down hill
* Fell into heavy dept
* Missed council meetings
* Stopped going to church
* 1570 applied for coat of arms
* Got turned down
* Mary’s side of the family was arrested for catholic conspiracy and got beheaded
* William rose to rock star or sport famous as today.
* 1596 William got the coat of arms.
Day #2 4-16-13 “A star is born”
* Born in Stratford England.
* The facts are unknown of SS birth.
* Surviving baptismal records say April 1564 at Holy Trinity church.
* Customary to baptize 3 days after birth.
* Risk of disease made timely baptismal
* William was 3 of 8 children
* Oldest one to live past infantsy
* First daughter named Johan baptized 1558 no record of death or burial.
* 2nd daughter Margaret was baptized Dec 1562 buried 4 months later.
* 3rd daughter Anne was born in 1571, died at 7.
* 200 residents died by bubonic plaque
* Neighbor 4 kids died
* William survived it
* Only 5 of john & mary child
* Gilbert 1556
* Richard 1574
* Edmond 1580
* Joan outlived William
* April 23, 1616 william died
Day #3 4-17-13 “ School...