Types of Energy – Bio Energy, Coal, Electric, Fossil fuels, Fusion, Geothermal, Hydrogen, Hydropower, Natural Gas, Oil, Renewable, Solar, and Wind.
- Oil and gas reserves
- Crude Oil, Natural Gas, Petroleum, Chemical Products, Coal
- Vehicle used for transportation of Oil and Gas
- Air and Mineral Rights
- Wind turbines
- Solar panels
- Process to refine energy
- In house technology
- Semiconductor chips
- Software programs built into CNC machines
- Trade Dress (Words, Pictures, Designs or symbols associated with a product).
- Domain name for company website
Statutory protection for Property rights
- Leases, Mortgages, Liens, Pledges, Security Agreement
Statutory protection for Intellectual rights
- Copyrights, Trademarks, Cybersquatting, Patents (Utility or function and Design Patents), Trade Names, Trade Dress
What can managers do to protect the property rights?
1. Register the patent with the "Patent office" An idea is patentable only if it is nonobvious, novel and useful and the idea must be reduced to some tangible form. It covers machines, processes and improvements to existing devices. Design patents are granted for 14 years while Utility or Function patents are granted for 25 years.
2. Provide access to patent information in a secure environment & effective collaboration between the teams.
3. Increase the relevance and effectiveness of patent alerts.
4. Ensure access to patent information is provided to employees with proper authorization and approval process.
5. Ensure access to property information is available within the premises of the business and not accessible through internet & other locations.
6. Ensure all contracts related to land and lease is renewed at the right time.
What should the manager do to assure that the organization protects intellectual properties?
Intellectual property rights are registered rights for inventions...