many London residents were born outside England in 2001?
*according to the census, in 2001 30% of London resident had been born outside England,that is 2.2 million of people, to which can add the unknown tens of thousands who didint complete the census form.
2. What happened to the size of the white population in Greater London in the ‘90s?
*in 90's the population of Greater London become the fastest growing part of UK and yet the white population in that time actually fell.
3. How many non-indigenous communities with populations of 10,000 or more were there in 2001?
*on that time the city has at least 50 non- indigenious communities with populations of 10,000 or more
4. “Few lofty social ideals can be observed in Victoria station at 8am” – what does the author mean?
*at eight in the morning you will notice the tall towering structure that originated in different idea of foreigners staying in the country as the sun rise and shine in the victoria station it show how the country grow.
5. What is the main attraction of London to the many new arrivals?
*the main attraction of the new arrivals ,are the parade of good restaurant because they have unique affinity for the foriegn food that the foriegners quickly addapt it as thier own
6. Explain what the author comp ares to a “convection current”.
*on my understanding the convection current is the word that the author use to describe how rapidly grow or improve the country in term of currency that time
7. No explanation is given to why “fluency in English is a great gift for one’s children” – but what is your explanation?
* I believe that fluency in english is one of the great gift that you can recieve because nowadays speaking and writting english is really important ,without this international language (english) how can we understand other people who live in other country with other native language, like us Danish our native language is Dansk and with the help of english language...