Answer the questions for assignment eight in a word document or text file and upload to the instructor in the link below.
1. What is electric current?
The flow of charged electrons
2. In what units is the power supplied by electricity measured?
3. What is the mathematical expression of Ohm’s Law?
V = IR
4. In a simple electric circuit, electricity is delivered to a device by which wire?
The hot wire
5. The amount of current flowing in a circuit depends on what two factors?
How much resistance is in each path of the circuit and on how many paths are in parallel.
6. In an electric circuit, where will the greatest current always flow?
Through the path of the least resistance
7. When do you have less resistance to electric shock, when you are wet or when you are dry?
8. What should you do if you come upon an electric shock victim who is still in contact with the electrical source?
Shut off the electricity
9. Who should administer CPR?
Someone trained by an expert
10. What is the ABC of CPR?
Step A; Airway open
Step B; Breathing resorted
Step C Circulation restored
11. If a victim is burned, what first aid procedures should you follow?
Cut away loose clothing and immerse the burned area in cold water
12. What does Chapter 2 of the National Electrical Code cover?
Grounding and protection
13. When does static electricity become dangerous?
When it is allowed to accumulate
14. What are two situations that can generate static electricity?
The transfer of flammable liquids from one container to another and the separation of two unlike materials
15. What is the most common method of preventing the accumulation of static electricity?