Memorandum of Understanding for Double Degree Programs
Partner, hereinafter referred to as Partner, with a legal domicile in Daegu, 702-701, Republic of Korea and represented by its President, and the Dean of the Teachers’ college,
Upper Iowa University, hereinafter referred to as UIU, with a legal domicile at Fayette Iowa 52142, U.S. and represented by its President, Dr. William R. Duffy II, and the Provost Dr. Kurt Wood.
hereinafter referred to as partners or partner institutions,
agree to realize the objectives of a double degree program based on the numerated provisions indicated below.
Part 1. Exchange Principles and Mobility Period
1. The double degree program will allow students of the partner institutions to obtain UIU and Partner degrees, where the overall length of study at the respective partner institutions will be considerably lower than the time required to obtain the two degrees separately, as reflected in this memorandum of understanding. The double degree option will only be available for students enrolled in selected degree programs at the partner institutions.
2. The home institution is the university where the student starts their degree-seeking studies and where they apply to participate in the double degree program. The host institution is the university where the student participating in the double degree program spends their mobility period.
3. For UIU students, the length of the mobility period will be fixed at one academic year representing 25% of the total required credits for a degree award from Partner.
4. For Partner student, the length of the mobility period will be fixed at two academic years, representing 51% of the total required credits for a degree award from UIU.
5. Students participating in the double degree program will maintain...