MGT 498 Final Exam Latest
1. According to Porter, the corporation is most concerned with
• the aggregate level of demand for a product line
• the amount of pressure from the societal environment
• the intensity of competition within its industry
• a market's position on its life cycle
2. Which strategy specifies the firm's overall direction in terms of its general orientation toward growth, the industries or markets in which it competes, and the manner in which it coordinates activities and transfers resources among business units?
3. Which is the MOST commonly used measure of corporate performance (in terms of profit)?
4. When a company determines a competency's competitive advantage, Barney refers to this issue as
Final Exam Answers just a click away MGT 498 Final Exam
5. If performance data and activity reports indicate undesirable performance as a result of inappropriate use of the strategic management process, operational managers must
• change the strategic management model.
• know about it so that they can correct the employee activity.
• allow sufficient time to pass to verify if it is the process or just the usage that is the problem.
• immediately notify the board of directors.
6. In the development of a SFAS matrix, the first step is to
• calculate the weighted scores
• indicate short-term for the duration
• enter the ratings of how the company's management is responding to each of the strategic factors
• list the most important EFAS and IFAS items
7. Continuous improvement is an operations concept developed in
• the United States
8. In a survey of 50 corporations, which of the following was rated as a benefit of strategic management?
• Clearer sense of vision for the firm
• Higher levels of job satisfaction
• Improved productivity
• Higher levels...