The entertainment industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world, and the use of circuit technology is a necessity for today’s entertainment producers. There are many factors related to physics in the entertainment industry, including both light and sound. These both use circuit technology, and all the circuits will be responsible for a different area of entertainment. To perform such tasks in the entertainment business, a various number of circuits will have to be used in the different electrical components, for example the organ or even a light alternating circuit, although these will be on a much larger scale. It was for this reason an investigation was produced into finding what factors or components affect an electrical circuit. It was then decided that testing the resistance through each note in a mini electronic organ circuit would be suitable.
The aim of this investigation was to find out what purpose resistors have on each different note of the mini electronic organ.
It was predicted that the higher the sound frequency, the higher the resistance.
The variable was the resistance of each key, and measuring the amount of time it takes for a sound wave to complete its circuit.
• Electronic Organ kit:
Kit consists of-
1. 33 resistors, each of different resistance
2. 6 capacitors, each of different capacitance
3. 5 semiconductors, each different
4. Hard ware wires
• Solder/soldering iron
1. The kit was bought and the components were soldered into place using a soldering iron, following the instruction booklet and also the list of components that both came with the kit
2. Each component was soldered and checked to make sure there was a current flowing through them
3. The mini electronic organ was hooked up to the oscilloscope
4. The first note was then played, and the image that appeared on the screen of the oscilloscope was measured and the results were recorded