For each of the following hypothetical photographic assignments you have
the following equipment at your disposal (note that you do not have any zoom
Two small format DSLR cameras with full sized 35mm sensors
24mm tilt-shift lens
90mm tilt-shift lens
100mm macro lens
Neutral Density Filter
Two quick cycle portable flash units made specifically for your cameras
Transportable studio flash gear
Nominate the lens, lighting and any filters you would use for each of the
following 10 scenarios and give a brief explanation of why you made the
choices you did:
1. A large art gallery has hired you to photograph every individual framed
painting in the gallery for an upcoming exhibition. They require color
accurate copies of the artwork for use in a catalogue.
2. An advertising agency has hired you to photograph individual "pack
shots" of a range of packet soups. The soups come in small rectangular
boxes, which have a glossy finish. They want the pack to look heroic
3. A men's magazine has hired you to shoot an action outdoor fashion
feature of a male model in the city CBD wearing various business suits.
They want lots of movement in the images and are happy with some
4. A sports magazine wants you to photograph an afternoon football match
and they get you a press pass, which allows you access to the playing
field. They want high contact physical shots with frozen action.
5. A lifestyle magazine wants you to shoot a cover shot of a woman in a
large, bright, modern city apartment. The woman is to be the main
focus, but they would also like some of the atmosphere of the apartment
to be evident.
6. You have been hired to photograph a wedding in a church. The light is
bright enough to avoid having to use a flash and the minister has
allowed you access to all areas.
7. You have been hired by a gossip magazine to shoot...