2 Marketers need to identify the hierarchy of attributes that guide consumer decision making in order to understand different competitive forces and how these various sets get formed. This process of identifying the hierarchy is called ________.
• market valuation
• brand association
• market partitioning
• market estimation
3 This is a historically popular technique through which managers create a quick overview of a company's strategic situation—it is based on achieving a sound fit between internal resources and the external situation.
• SWOT analysis
• Internal analysis
• External analysis
• Value chain analysis
4 How do functional tactics compare to business strategies?
• Functional tactics are more focused on the general direction of the firm than business strategies.
• Functional tactics are more long-term than business strategies.
• Functional tactics are more specific than business strategies.
• Functional tactics are more focused on a commitment to corporate strategy than business strategies.
5 Large-scale, future-oriented plans for interacting with the competitive environment to achieve the company objective refers to its
• strategy (M. g.8)
• competitive analysis
• dynamic policies
6 The marketing manager needs to know the cost of the research project before approving it. During which stage of the marketing research process would such a consideration most likely take place?
• Step 5 – drafting the report
• Step 2 – developing the research plan (M. p.99)
• Step 4 – analyzing the information
• Step 1 – defining the problem
7 Company X's principal strength is its inbound and outbound logistics system; its relative weakness, however, is after-sales service. Its competitor, Company Y, however is often plagued with lagging shipments and an inflexible distribution setup. Company Y remains successful because it maintains a fully staffed service department and, as a result, the company is known for its...