Multimedia Approach toTeaching Learning Process
Multimedia - Definition
Digital integration of Text, Graphics, Animation, Audio, Still images, Motion Video.
Nature of Multimedia Approach
Multi -------- Many Media ------- Techniques or methods
* Multimedia approach uses a number of media, devices, techniques in the teaching learning process.
* Multimedia approach can convey vast information and provide many sources from which student can access the information.
* Multimedia approach will improve the teaching learning process.
* Multimedia approach is not restricted to a single type of learning style. It can provide the support of a wide range of activities.
* Multimedia approach aims at providing meaningful learning experience via a mix of media in order to achieve predetermined objectives.
* Multimedia approach provides the opportunity to gain mastery of competencies and skills.
* The choice of the media has to be done carefully so that one does not hamper or reduce the effect of the other. That is each media must complement the other.
* Multimedia approach will enable the learner to get access to information in dynamic environment.
Procedure for Adopting Multimedia Approach
* The following are the six steps to be followed while adopting the Multimedia Approach
* First Stage
* In this stage the teacher initiates the teaching – learning activities.
* Teacher deliver a well prepared lesson based on the objectives formulated.
* Teacher could use a variety of media for his presentation.
* Second Stage
* Teacher demonstrates a specific and specialized unit using a mix of media.
* The teacher may provide learner with programmed learning materials, cassettes, CD's etc.
* Third Stage
* This is a preparatory stage for the learner before he stars independent learning.
* The student discusses with peer students and teachers his...