Telstra is tha Australia’s largest telecommunication company by serving more than tem millions customers every day by providing a broad range of services including mobile, national and long distance services, local telephony, internet and satellite services. Their mission is provide technology and content solutions to its customers that are simple and easy to use.
Telstra has a long history in Australia. Firstly originating together with Australia post as a government department by the name of Postmaster- General’s Department to manage all deomestic telephone, telegraph and postal services. In 1975 telecommunications was seprated from postal functions with the pessage of the Telecommunications Act 1975 and named as Telecom Australia. At present Telestra is fully privatized and has been undergoing a change program to become more sales and marketing led under its CEO David Thodey.
1. Telstra is Australia's leading telecommunications and information services company and Expanding Operating Margin
2. Wide Range of Service Portfolio
3. Strong Customer Service Base
4. Active sponsorship in major sporting events
5. Over 35,000 employees serving customers from 230 countries and territories indirectly
1. Limited Liquidity Position
2. Extremely tough market segment means limited market share
1. Strategic Growth Initiatives
2. Increasing Demand for Telecom Services
3. Growing IT Services Market
4. 4G Mobile Broadband Network Launch
1. Rapid Technological Changes
2. Stringent Regulations
3. Increasing Competition
mobile telecommunications services, broadband access and
content, data and Internet services, management of IT or telecommunications services of business customers, advertising, search and information services, cable distribution services for FOXTEL's & cable subscription television services
Services to most homes and...