Aliyah dost homework
* > Music
* > Popular music
* > Blues
You scored 9 out of 9
1. Where did the blues originate?
You said: In rural America
Correct. Blues music originated in rural America.
2. Which three line verse structure does the blues use?
You said: AAB
Correct. Blues uses an AAB verse structure.
3. Which three chords is the 12-bar blues based on?
You said: I, IV and V
Correct. The 12-bar blues is based on I, IV and V chords.
4. Put these in chronological order. A-City blues, B-Worksongs, C-Country blues
You said: BCA
Correct. The chronological order is, Worksongs, Country blues and then City blues.
5. Which degrees of the scale are most likely to be blue notes?
You said: Third and seventh
Correct. The third and seventh degrees of the scale are most likely to be blues notes.
6. How many beats are there in a bar?
You said: Four
Correct. There are four beats in a bar.
7. On which two beats of the bar does bass play mostly?
You said: One and three
Correct. The bass plays mostly on beats one and three.
8. In this 12-bar blues the first chord is the tonic. What is the second chord?
You said: Three
Correct. The second chord is subdominant.
9. The first chord you hear is the tonic, I. What is the second chord you hear?
You said: IV
Correct. The second chord is IV.
Back to Popular music