THE UNIVERSITY OF DODOMA
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
SCHOOL OF CURRICULUM AND TEACHER EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
TE 111 – END OF SEMESTER EXAMINATION
Feb. - 2013
1. This paper consists of section A, B
2. Answer all question in sections A and B
3. Write your Name on every program file while saving.
4. Save all your work on desktop.
5. Send your compressed folder containing all files to email@example.com
REG; NUMBER: ____________________
Duration: 2.30 hrs.
SECTION A ( 40 marks )
1. Use word processing program to attempt the following questions.
i. Type the following passage as it is then apply the following formatting below.
The title: Font type = Goudy Stout, font size = 15
Passage: Font type = magneto, font size = 13, Line spacing = 1.7, justified.
25% gray shading
There are two common models of interprocess communication:
the message passing model and
the shared-memory model.
In the message-passing model, the communicating processes exchange messages with one another to transfer information. Messages can be exchanged between the processes either directly or indirectly through a common mailbox. Before communication can take place, a connection must be opened. The name of the other communicator must be known, be it another process on the same system or a process on another computer connected by a communications network. Each computer in a network has a host name by which it is commonly known. A host also has a network identifier, such as an IP address.
ii. Type the following equations as shown; (15 marks)
iii. Create the below compass-direction as shown; (10 marks)
SECTION B ( 20 marks )
2. Use spreadsheet program in windows XP to attempt the following questions.