1. How were the Greek gods different from those of the Egyptians? Be specific
2. Though they were considered to be immortal, what negative characteristics did the Greek gods often display?
3. Hamilton says that Greek mythology was more explanation than religion. What types of things did the myths explains?
4. List several identifying details about each one of the following
A. Cronus Pg.18 B. Zeus Pg. 20-22 C. Hera Pg. 22-23 D. Poseidon Pg. 23-24 E. Hades Pg. 24 F. Apollo Pg. 25-27 G. Aphrodite Pg. 29-30 H. Ares Pg. 31-32 I. Artemis Pg. 27-29 J. Athena Pg. 24-25 K. Hephaestus Pg. 32-33 L. Hestia Pg. 33-34 M. Hermes Pg. 30-31
5. What was the function of the Muses?
6. What did the Fates control?
7. From where, primarily, did the Romans get their gods?
8. Where were the Lares and Penates worshipped?
9. What were the Greek and Latin names for the two gods who were most important in the everyday lives of the people?
10. What roles did Prometheus and Epimetheus play in the creation of mankind? Give Details.
Pg. 87, 85, 81
11. Why might a young man today be referred to as an “Adonis”?
12. What forbidden thing did Psyche do that almost caused her to lose her husband?
13. Who was Galatea?
14. Cite one identifying fact about the following:
A. Perseus Pg.202-204 B. Theseus Pg.209 C. Hercules Pg. 225 D. Atalanta Pg. 248
15. What role did Aphrodite play in causing the Trojan War?
16. What cause the fall of Troy?
Pg. spark notes
17. How did Circe help Odysseus?
18. Which goddess especially hated Aeneas? Why?
19. What was the gods’ punishment of Tantalus?
20. What happened to Agamemnon when he returned from Troy?
Pg. 352, 356
21. What the riddle...