* Retailers private labels have been most active in new launches and gaining market share in categories such as diapers, ketchups, floor cleaners, soups, breakfast cereals and toothbrush.
* Private brands from Food Bazaar have gone several notches higher in terms of overall sales
* Future Group, the country’s largest retailer, pulled Kelloggs breakfast cereals off the shelves of around 150 Big Bazaars.
* Future Groups snack brand Tasty Treat Share increases.
* Few retailers like Big Bazaar are even setting up a dedicated private brand team that operates just like an FMCG company.
* Private Brands over a period of time creates consumer loyalty to the store making more margins than national brands.
* HUL, P&G, Reckitt, Kellogg's Raise Margins Up To 25% to the retailers.
CASE ANALYSIS OF NAUKRI.COM
Naukri.com is an entrepreneurial firm that pioneered online recruitment and job search in India. Naukri.com is in the market of ‘recruitment advertising’ -advertising that communicates the availability of a position or a job designed to recruit staff of any kind.
As of now, the revenue, profit, and market share of naukri.com are growing. Its major competitor — monsterindia.com (and also jobsahead.com) — has not done any damage to naukri.com. The organization structure of naukri.com is more in tune with the traditional sales force-oriented organization with hierarchies in place. An online business must have an internal environment that is tuned to provide prompt response to customers and that may mean immediate decision-making which a hierarchical organization may find difficult to do. However, naukri.com has so far not experienced any difficulty on this count but, with growth, this may become an issue. The way business is generated by naukri.com, it can be said that it has a mix of online and offline initiatives. Since market is growing and naukri.com’s market share has grown at a healthy...