iLab Week 7
Professor Zlatko Bogoevski
Lab 7: Traffic Modeling
1. Capture a screen shot of the results screen and paste it into your answer sheet. (7 points)
2. What do the stats show about the traffic entering the cloud? (7 points)
The graph shows that the total traffic entering the IP cloud is 18 Mbps at the rate of 1500 packets per second (bps) – remember each of the three flows is sending traffic at 6Mps and 500 bps.
3. Paste a shot of this screen into your worksheet. (7 points)
4. What do you observe about the packet delay related to the ToS we assigned? (7 points)
The delay did not change at all over time, it remained the same during this test.
5. Why does this simulation run so much quicker than the first one? (7 points)
It is transmitting the data in the background and using much less memory, around 20mb to be specific.
6. What do you observe about the queuing delays in both scenarios? (7 points)
The queuing delay is higher for background data.
7. The first panel compares the queuing delays between the three scenarios. Paste a shot of this panel in your answer sheet. (7 points)
8. How do you compare these results? (7 points)
Hybrid and background are very close with average delays, however explicit seems to have no delay at all.
9. The second graph panel compares the packet end-to-end delays for the three traffic demands obtained using explicit traffic and hybrid traffic (no ETE delays were available in the purely background traffic scenario). Paste a shot of this panel into your answer sheet. (7 points)
10. How would you compare the results between the first and third scenarios? (7 points)
In scenario 1 hybrid and explicit appeared to have almost the exact same delay. In scenario 3 the explicit had a much lower delay.