Multiple Choice Questions
1. The primary function of a Web server is to:
C. Receive and send text-based messages, using the HTTP protocol syntax
2. When you install the Web Server (IIS) role in Windows Server 2008, The Add New Roles Wizard creates which application pools in IIS7?
C. Classic .NET AppPool
3. The Windows Process Activation Service (WPAS) is responsible for creating and terminating what IIS7 components?
A. Worker process
4. Web applications typically use a three-tiered architecture. Which of the following is not one of those three tiers?
D. The client browser application running on the end user’s computer.
5. The UDDI Services role consists of which of the following role services?
A. UDDI Services Database
6. The Windows Process Activation Services (WPAS) is responsible for managing application pools and worker processes. In a typical IIS7 configuration, the request handling process proceeds as follows:
C. An incoming request from a client arrives at the computer.
D. IIS7 sends the request to the application pool associated with the application.
A. WPAS examines the state of the application pool to see if there is a worker process running that can handle the request.
B. A worker process performs the tasks necessary to process the request.
E. The worker process transmits a reply message to the client.
7. Which of the following provides the interface between the IIS request pipeline and the ASP.NET pipeline when an application pool is running in Classic mode?
8. Which of the following authentication methods is not supported by the SMTP Server service in Windows Server 2008.
C. Digest Authentication
9. Which of the following application pool settings would you modify to create a Web garden?
C. Maximum Worker Processes
10. What term is used to describe the combination of the UDDI Services Database and UDDI Services Web Application role services when the two share the same...