Chapter 2 Test Yourself
1. Which are used to calculate reimbursement for hospital outpatient care according to similar clinical characteristics and in terms of the resources they require?
2. Which act authorized $1.5 billion for grants for construction, renovation, and equipment, as well as for the acquisition of health information technology systems?
3. Which legislation was passed in 1997 that addresses health care fraud and abuse issues?
4. Which 1988 legislation resulted in the creation of a new program, TRICARE, which includes options such as TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Extra, and TRICARE Standard?
5. Which program provides health care benefits for dependents of permanently disabled veterans?
6. Which program provides benefits to dependents of personnel serving in the armed forces as well as uniformed branches of the Public Health Service and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, created by amendments to the Dependents' Medical Care Act of 1956, and was renamed TRICARE in 1988?
7. Which legislation established quality standards for all laboratory testing to ensure the accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of patient test results regardless of where the test was performed?
8. The CMS-1500 claim is submitted for:
a. hospital inpatient stays
b. outpatient surgery
c. physician office procedures and services
d. nursing facility care
9. Coinsurance is the:
a. amount for which the patient is financially responsible before an insurance policy provides reimbursement
b. percentage of costs a patient shares with the health plan
c. amount the patient is not responsible for paying, based on insurance contract provisions