A Beautiful Mind Film ( Assignment)
1. What illness does John Nasha suffer from.
He was suffering from Schizophrenia; a kind of mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real.
2. What symptoms did John Nasha experience ?
Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, auditory hallucinations, reduced social engagement and emotional expression, and inactivity.
3. How did his illness impact on his relationship?
He sometimes endangers his infant son and accidentally knocks his wife , Alicia. Once upon a time Alicia used to flee the house in fear with their child but she managed to care for him by staying with him.
4. What led john’s diagnosis
A kind of mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behaviour and failure to recognize what is real.
5. Why did it takes long for people to realise he was not well?
Because initially he used to show a delusion ( a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary) .
6. What significant realisation helped john to identify the difference between reality and delusion?
Because of his stay in hospital in, New Jersey and get appropriate treatment for his illness.
7. What treatment did john receive?
He received antipsychotic medications and also administered insulin shock therapy.
8. How is important is the support of friends and family in the recovery and maintenance of the wellbeing for people experiencing mental illness.
As it can be noticed from the story of John Nasha it very crucial to look after people experiencing mental illness.
9. What did you think of this film? What have you learnt about mental illness so far this term?
At any rate, it's certainly one of the best movies of I have ever see. Everything's in place: the direction, the photography, and especially the acting. For me, I don’t have much information on any kinds of mental illness before. But after I have watched the...