University of Phoenix Material
Week Two Quiz
Please choose the correct answer to the following questions.
1. ______D_______ refers to the experience created from stimulating a sense organ.
2. _____D________ refers to the smallest change in sensation that can be detected at least 50% of the time.
b. Weber’s Law
c. Difference Threshold
d. Absolute Threshold
3. Sensory cells located on the retina that receive incoming visual stimuli are ___C________.
a. Rods and Cones
c. Ganglion Cells
d. Blind Spot
4. The principles of similarity, proximity, continuity, and closure are examples of ____C__________.
a. Binocular cues
c. Laws of Perceptual Grouping
d. Impossible Figures
5. The belief that objects in the physical world do not change due to alterations in the perception of the environment, and they maintain their size, shape, color, and brightness refers to _________C_____.
a. Phi Phenomenon
b. Motion Parallax
c. Depth Perception
6. The proposition that sleep is needed in order to regenerate our bodies and maintain mental and physical activities is part of the _______B____ theory of sleep.
7. Our bodies tend to operate on a general 24-hour cycle called a __B___________, which is regulated by the hypothalamus.
a. Sleep Spindle
b. Circadian Rhythm
c. Light/Dark Cycle
d. Selective Attention
8. A person who experiences momentary wakefulness in the middle of the night due to a disruption in his or her breathing pattern may suffer from _____D________.
d. Sleep Apnea
9. Sarah was seen smoking a substance at a party. She reported feeling euphoric and had increased energy. Through the course of the night she became irritable and was very nervous. The substance that she most likely was...